The first step to using AdEspresso is connecting your Facebook account to import your ad accounts and Pages. Your account needs to be connected to manage your advertising, publish your ads and get statistics. If you intend to manage only Google Ads campaigns with AdEspresso, see Connect your Google Ads account.
To add your Facebook ad account
- Upon signing in to AdEspresso for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect your accounts. Click Connect Facebook Accounts. Or to add additional accounts, navigate to the Facebook ad accounts page in your Settings and click Add new Facebook ad accounts.
- If you are not already signed in to Facebook, enter your Facebook login credentials (email and password).
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click Choose what you allow if you don't want AdEspresso to import all the Facebook Pages that your Facebook user has access to.
- Uncheck the box next to any Page you do not want imported into AdEspresso.
All other toggles for allowing ads and business manager access must remain enabled so that AdEspresso can publish your ads to your Facebook Pages and ad accounts.
- Click OK. Once the connection to Facebook is authorized, AdEspresso will display a list of ad accounts associated with the Facebook profile.
- Click the check box to the left of the ad account(s) you want to manage in AdEspresso.
- Optional: Toggle Import active campaigns to Yes to import your active Facebook ad campaigns into AdEspresso. Only active/running campaigns can be imported. The import can take up to 1 hour. Learn more about importing
- Click Add Facebook Ad Accounts.
- It's now time to create your first campaign!
Rest assured, we won't touch your existing Facebook campaigns except to import them if you choose to do that in step 8. AdEspresso won't make any changes automatically. We do require you to grant us permission to manage your Facebook Pages in step 5 for a very specific reason: Ads are simply Facebook Page posts that get promoted. In order to create and publish your ads we need this permission. Nothing else will be published to your page.
The account is already connected to AdEspresso: A Facebook account can only be connected to one AdEspresso user. If you already had a Trial period with AdEspresso we don't allow the creation of another trial. If you're working with an agency they may be using AdEspresso as well.
Unexpected Error: This usually means a temporary glitch connecting to Facebook. Usually retrying after 10 or 20 minutes will do the job.
I don't want to connect my Facebook profile: Unfortunately, this is necessary. You need to be a "real person" on Facebook in order to create and manage ads, so you need to connect your account in order to use AdEspresso and grant access to your advertising assets. We don't collect your profile information (no friend list, no message access etc.), but we still need you to accept Facebook permissions as a user. Connections to Facebook cannot be established via Pages, only individual users.