Create and manage Google Ads campaigns alongside your Facebook campaigns in AdEspresso. AdEspresso supports the creation of search ad campaigns, and responsive display ad campaigns.
The first step is to connect your Google Ads account to AdEspresso. See Connect your Google Ads account to get started.
Creating a Google search ads campaign
Step 1 - Create Campaign
- Click New Campaign on the main navigation bar.
- Click Google Ads. You will be prompted to connect your Google Ads account to AdEspresso if it isn’t already.
- Enter a campaign name, select a Google billing account, and then click Save and proceed.
The Search Ads campaign type has an Open Goal by default. To add a goal to your campaign, you can edit it in Google Ads once the campaign is published.
Step 2 - Campaign Settings
- Select one or more networks where your ads will be displayed. The Google Search Network is always selected by default.
- Optional: Check Enable Dynamic Search Ads and then enter the domain/subdomain and language of the website pages you want Google Ads to create ads for and match searches to. Learn more about creating dynamic search ads
- Optional: Click Set campaign URL options to add a tracking template and custom parameters to the links in your campaign. Custom parameters can also be added later at the ad group level.
- Enter one or more geographic locations to include or exclude in your ad targeting. Enter a country, city, region, postal code, or address. Addresses can include a radius in km or mi from the address.
- Enter one or more languages to target with your ads.
- Optional: Include or exclude target audience lists that you have saved in your Google Audience Manager, and then select a targeting setting. This can also be done later at the ad group level.
- Enter an average daily budget.
- Select a start and end date (optional) for your campaign. If no end date is specified, the campaign will run indefinitely.
- Select a bidding strategy from the drop-down.
- Optional: Add between 2 and 6 sitelink extensions, and/or between 2 and 10 callout extensions to your campaign. These can also be enabled at the account level along with app and location extensions, or created later at the ad group level. Learn more
- Click Save and proceed.
Step 3 - Set up Ad groups & Ads
- Enter a name for the ad group, and select whether it is a Standard, Call-only, or Dynamic ad group. Call-only ads are only shown on devices that can place phone calls.
- If Standard or Call-only, enter keywords that can surface your ads. Press Enter between each keyword to add one keyword per line. Use match types to control the search terms that can trigger your ads. More info
- Broad match - your ads may show where searches include your keywords, related keywords, or close variations like synonyms and misspellings. Example: tennis shoes.
- Broad match modifier - similar to broad match, your ads may show where searches include your keywords designated with a plus sign or close variations. Example: +tennis, +shoes.
- Phrase match - your ads may show where searches include exact phrases and close variations. Example: “tennis shoes”.
- Exact match - your ads may show where searches include exact keywords and close variations. Example: [tennis shoes].
- Negative match - your ads will not show where searches include your negative keywords. Example: -men.
- Click Advanced options to:
- Select an ads rotation strategy. Optimize is selected by default. More info
- Include or exclude target audience lists that you have saved in your Google Audience Manager.
- Select an audience targeting setting.
- Add any of the following extensions to the ad group:
- Add custom parameters to the links in the ad group.
- Click Create Ads.
- Enter a destination URL, Headline 1, Headline 2, Headline 3 (optional), Description, Description 2 (optional), and Display path (optional) for each ad. Click the plus icon to add variations of each ad component.
If creating a Dynamic ad group, enter only a description, and then click Save.
- When you’re finished creating ads, click Save, and then review all your ad variations.
- Hover over each variation, click the three dots and then click Edit or Remove to modify or delete a specific ad variation.
- Optional: Click Add Ad Group and repeat steps 1-6 if you want to add another ad group to the campaign, or click Copy in the top-right corner of your first ad group to save time.
- Click Save and proceed.
Step 4 - Review & Publish
- Review the summary of your campaign along the right, and then click Publish to Google Ads.
Your campaign will be sent to Google for review and publishing. Ensure your ads comply with Google's advertising policies.
Monitor your campaign’s results in the campaign dashboard. Click Your Campaigns on the main navigation bar, and then select the Google Ads campaign from the drop-down menu.
Edit or delete ads from the All Ads tab of the campaign, and delete ad groups from the Ad Groups tab. Any other changes to your campaign can be made in your Google Ads account natively and they will be synced to AdEspresso.
Looking for some strategic guidance? Check out our top 5 articles on this topic:
- Google AdWords 101 – The Guide That Takes You From Zero to Hero
- Managing AdWords: The 3 DO’s and DON’Ts That Make Or Break Success
- Google Ads Keyword Planner: What Has Changed (And How To Use It)
- 3 Ways To Connect Audiences From AdWords to Facebook For Better Conversions
- AdWords Competitor Targeting: Everything You Need To Know To Do It Right