Video views ads are very useful for promoting brand awareness driving for more video views without needing to add an external website or URL. This campaign type is available to all placements.
To create a video views ad
- Click New campaign on the main navigation bar and proceed to create your campaign as usual.
- Under What do you want to promote? select Video Views.
- Click Proceed.
- On the Ads Design step (2), click Upload new video or Select from your gallery.
- Select a thumbnail for the uploaded video from your gallery or a video frame, or click Upload new image to upload a custom thumbnail image.
- Optional: Upload SRT files to include captions with your video. More details
- Optional: Click Add Video + to run a split test between one or more videos and find out which one converts best.
- After a video upload, if you select Standard Link you will not need to input a URL. You can also choose to create a Facebook Instant Experience.
- Select your audience.
- In the Budget & Bidding section, you can choose to optimize for Thruplay or 2-Second continuous video views. See more about video ad bid types
Note, you will not have the option to add a call to action or Headline for video views campaigns.