Access tokens represent the permissions given to AdEspresso to manage your Facebook ad account when you first authorize the connection to Facebook. From time to time this permission expires and needs to be renewed to continue managing your campaigns through AdEspresso.
Expired tokens should be renewed as soon as possible, because while they remain expired your campaign data will not be refreshed, changes made to your campaigns will not be sent to Facebook, and you will not be able to create new campaigns from AdEspresso.
To renew an access token
These steps need to be completed with the same Facebook user who initially imported the ad account.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of your account.
- Click the Facebook Ad Accounts tab.
- Click Renew it on the ad account you need to reconnect.
- Click Reauthorize application.
- Enter your Facebook login credentials (email and password), and then click Login. You must sign in as the same Facebook user that originally imported the ad account into AdEspresso.
- Click Continue as (profile name).
- Click OK.
What if the Facebook user that originally connected to the AdEspresso account has left the company?
In this case, you will need to move the permissions of your ad accounts to a different Facebook user to keep your AdEspresso account working properly. See Transfer ad account ownership for more details.